First Information of a Cognizable Crime Reported under Section 154, C.P.C.
Police Station : Tughlak Road
District : Central
No. : 68
Date and hour of occurence : 30.1.1948 / 5:45 P.M.
1. Date and hour when reported
2. Name and residence of informant /complainant: Shri Nand Lal Mehta, son of Shri Natha Lal Mehta, Indian, Building Lala Suraj Prasad M Block, Connaught Circus
3. Brief description of offence (with section) and of property carried off, if any:
4 . Place of occurence and distance/ direction from Police Station: Birla House, distance 2 furlongs
5. Name and address of the criminal:
6. Steps taken regarding investigation/ explanation of delay in recording information
Statement of Shri Nand Lal Mehta, son of Shri Natha Lal Mehta, Indian, resident of Connaught Circus Building Lala Sarju Prasad:
Having received the information I rushed to the Birla House to find the dead body of the Mahatma at room No. 3. Met Shri Nand Lal Mehta, his statement recorded and got confirmed after reading it out to him. Copy of the statement handed over to him. Came to know that the assailant was whisked away by the Assistant Sub-Inspector. It was a case of Section 302 Indian Penal Code. All the case papers were sent to the Police Station Tughlak Road and I got engaged in conducting investigations. A special report may be forwarded through the police station.